Prepare IR56B for submission
What do we need?
Let's make sure the following are done before we move onto IR56B reporting:
- Tax information of employer is updated (Master Data --> Organization)
- Employees' personal infomation is updated (Staff --> Applicant)
- Payrolls from last April to March are done and posted (Payroll --> Payroll Batch)
- Pay types are correctly configured on whether it is taxable with proper tax category (Master Data --> Job Order Template)
➡️ Details setting can take a look at Get Ready for using Taxation
Steps to preparing IR56B for submission
1. Preparing IR56B Batch
- Go to Taxation --> IR56B
- Click "Add New"
- Specify the company and tax period
- Confirm. You now have a blank IR56B batch
- Click "Add Placement"
- Pick who you are reporting tax. Just like payroll.
- Confirm. The staff are being added to the IR56B batch.
2. Reviewing IR56B
- Check and make changes to individual tax forms one by one, or
- Generate the reports to check the amount
- Go to Analytic->Taxation->
- Tax Details Report,
- Tax Summary Report, or
- Go to Analytic->Payroll->Payroll Details by Placement
3. Submitting IR56B
Please do not submit the IR56B hard copy to IRD directly as it is NOT accepted by the IRD
Difference between the file for submitting via CD and etax
Please DO NOT submit the IR56B by CD/USB to IRD if you have submitted your company tax file number to IRD for eTax approval already! IRD may reject your submission.
In IR56B batch
- Input  in the Remark, otherwise the XML file generated would be not supported for CD/USB submission
- Make sure the file WITHOUT the line <IR56VER>B0001</IR56VER>
- Go to More --> Generate IR56B for eTax
- Download and burn the XML file to CD/USB disc.
- More --> Generate Control List
- Print and Sign the control list
- Together with the reply slip, submit your media and the checklist to IRD
- If your company has more than 800 employees, you can submit via eTax but prior approval from IRD is required. You can go to More->Generate IR56B for eTax in .zip
4. Delivering IR56B to your staffs
- If you have ESS module, once your IR56B batch is posted, your staffs will see it available for download in ESS.
- Alternatively, you can Print or Email the forms to staffs