Prepare IR8A for submission
15-Feb-2023 · Felix Fung
What do we need?
Let's make sure the following are done before we move onto IR8A reporting:
- Tax information of employer is updated (Master Data --> Organization)
- Employees' personal information is updated (Staff --> Applicant)
- Payrolls from last January to December are done and posted (Payroll --> Payroll Batch)
- Pay types are correctly configured on whether it is taxable with proper tax category (Master Data --> Job Order Template)
➡️ Details setting can take a look at Get Ready for using Taxation
Steps to preparing IR8A for submission
1. Preparing IR8A Batch
- Go to Taxation --> IR8A
- Click "Add New"
- Specify the company and tax period
- Confirm. You now have a blank IR8A batch
- Click "Add Placement"
- Pick who you are reporting tax. Just like payroll.
- Confirm. The staff are being added to the IR8A batch.
2. Reviewing IR8A
- Check and make changes to individual tax forms
3. Submitting IR8A
- After preparing and checking the tax batch, select More / Submit via API
- System will do a preliminary validation. If the record is accepted, then there will be a button to proceed. Otherwise there will be error message telling you the problem
- Once submitted, you will be directed to the Corppass site and you are required to login with the corresponding account
- Once login you will be directed back to Backstage and Backstage will submit the tax records. The result message from IRAS will be displayed