- Employment Contract
- Tax Enrollment IR56E
- MPF Enrollment
- MPF Registration for Non-HK Expatriates
- Compensation Insurance
- Employment for Age below 18
- Continuous Contract (418)
- Annual Leave
- Statutory Holiday
- Sick Leave
- Average Wage (713)
- Statutory Minimum Wage
- MPF Contribution
- Maternity Leave
Sick Leave: Do We Need To Pay Salary During Sick Leave?
Accumulation of Sick Leave Entitlement
At minimum, entitlement of sick leave with sickness allowance can be accumulated at two days for each month of employment for the first 12 months of employment, and four days for each month of employment thereafter.
Sick leave with sickness allowance can be accumulated up to a maximum of 120 days.
Sick Leave Allowance
Employee under a continuous contract can also take sick leave with sickness allowance, if the sick leave taken is:
- Not less than four consecutive days of sick leave,
- Supported by an appropriate medical certificate, and
- The employee has accumulated sufficient number of sickness days with sickness allowance.
Daily sickness allowance is equal to four-fifths of the average daily wages (ADW) of the preceding 12 months.