- Employment Contract
- Tax Enrollment IR56E
- MPF Enrollment
- MPF Registration for Non-HK Expatriates
- Compensation Insurance
- Employment for Age below 18
- Data Privacy
- Continuous Contract (418)
- Annual Leave
- Statutory Holiday
- Sick Leave
- Average Wage (713)
- Statutory Minimum Wage
- MPF Contribution
- Maternity Leave
- Reimbursement of Maternity Leave Pay
- Learning and Traning
Sick Leave: Do We Need To Pay Salary During Sick Leave?
Accumulation of Sick Leave Entitlement
At minimum, entitlement of sick leave with sickness allowance can be accumulated at 2 days for each month of employment for the first 12 months of employment, and 4 days for each month of employment thereafter.
Sick leave with sickness allowance can be accumulated up to a maximum of 120 days.
Sick Leave Allowance
Employees under a continuous contract can also take sick leave with sickness allowance if the sick leave taken is:
- Not less than 4 consecutive days of sick leave,
- Supported by an appropriate medical certificate, and
- The employee has accumulated sufficient number of sickness days with sickness allowance.
Daily sickness allowance is equal to four-fifths of the average daily wages (ADW) of the preceding 12 months.
You can choose your human resources system such as Backstage to help you define payment of sickness allowance by using the pre-defined variable "ADW".
Take a look at our HR system "Backstage"
Explanation on Sick Leave by labour department: