- Employment Contract
- Tax Enrollment IR56E
- MPF Enrollment
- MPF Registration for Non-HK Expatriates
- Compensation Insurance
- Employment for Age below 18
- Data Privacy
- Continuous Contract (418)
- Annual Leave
- Statutory Holiday
- Sick Leave
- Average Wage (713)
- Statutory Minimum Wage
- MPF Contribution
- Maternity Leave
- Reimbursement of Maternity Leave Pay
- Learning and Traning
What is Reimbursement of Maternity Leave Pay (RMLP)?
The statutory maternity leave (ML) under the Employment Ordinance (EO) (Cap. 57) has been extended from 10 weeks to 14 weeks effective from December 11, 2020. Employers are required to pay the additional four weeks’ MLP (i.e. 11th to 14th weeks) under the Amendment Ordinance on the normal pay day.
Through the scheme, employers can apply for reimbursement of the MLP paid to employees in respect of the 11th to 14th weeks, subject to a cap of $80,000 per employee.
What are the Criteria for Application?
- the employee pertinent to the application employed by the employer (“applicant”) is covered by EO(PDF);
- the employee is entitled to ML(PDF) and MLP(PDF)under EO;
- the employee has taken her ML and the applicant has paid 14 weeks’ MLP to the employee;
- the employee’s confinement occurs on or after 11 December 2020; and
- the additional four weeks’ MLP paid to the employee has not been / will not be covered/subsidised by other government funding.
How to Apply RMPL?
- Online Submission through the Reimbursement Easy Portal at rmlps.gov.hk/eng/login
- Please see Step-by-step Guide if you are a first-time applicant
- Download the application form from the portal or obtain it from the Labour Relations Division offices (labour.gov.hk/eng/tele/lr1.htm) or the scheme's service centre, and return it by
What information and supporting documents are required?
- A completed Employer Application Form (PDF) (you can fill in the application form online directly)
- A completed Employee Declaration Form (PDF)
- Payment proof of the 14 weeks’ maternity leave pay
- e.g. bank statements, bank transaction records
- Proof of a bank account for receiving reimbursement
- e.g. monthly bank statement or passbook of the applicant’s bank account showing the account holder’s English name and account number
- Registration / Identity document relating to the applicant
- e.g. Business Registration Certificate, the Hong Kong Identity Card
- Employee’s pregnancy proof
- e.g. medical certificate, birth certificate
ℹ️ If required, you will be requested to provide further information (e.g. payment proof of the 12 months’ wages immediately preceding the commencement of the employee’s ML, employment contract, etc.).